kota Belud, 75 km northeast of Kota Kinabalu, is famous for its Sunday ‘tamu’ at Jalan Hasbollah. The Bajaus, often called the ‘Sea Gypsies’, a great sailors. Now, very much settled on the land, Bajaus are the famous ‘cowboys of the East’. They are skilful horseman rearing ponies, buffaloes and cattle as well as being productive paddy growers.Horseman from the Bajau, Rungus and KadazanDusun in traditional costumes ride in from around the countryside to trade in a wide array of products. An annual tamu is also held in November with the atmosphere of a carnival, where there are also games and competitions.
Berita Pilihan di
- Government need to review the policy of financing and housing loan-Azih
- The placing of armed officers in Kota Kinabalu police stations
- Cross cultural curriculum should be taken seriously-Zahid
- Each organization need to be active implementing activities for the members
- Negotiation to free the victim is ongoing