Sayang Sabah Facebook

Likes
Sayang Sabah Twitter

11,791

Followers

Sayang Sabah - Portal Berita Negeri Kita

Search for MH370 continues

8:21pm 01/11/2015 Ann Vivien 2 views Current Issue,National

MH370

KANGAR: The Malaysian government remains committed to the search for missing flight MH370 in the Indian Ocean, says Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abd Aziz Kaprawi.

According to him, Malaysia placed its trust and extended full cooperation to Australia, which was leading the quest.

He was speaking to reporters after chairing the 56th Annual General Meeting of the Road Safety Council at the national level, here, today.

Abd Aziz said the search mission had now expanded to over 120,000 square kilometres in the Indian Ocean.

On the AGM today, he said a total of 11 resolutions were passed to help reduce road accidents in the country.

Among them was for serious attention be given to road repair works in the country, because most of the work done were not in accordance with the standards required, and had become one of the causes of road accidents.

In addition, attention should also be given to rural roads in remote areas, especially in Sarawak, which are still poorly maintained and prone to accidents.Abd Aziz said that from 2006 until last year, records showed that on the average, 6,500 people were killed in road accidents a year, including 6,674  last year from a total of 476,296 accidents recorded.

“Every day an average of 19 Malaysians die in road accidents, but people are still unconcerned (of the problem),” he said.

According to him, Malaysia would be among the countries to commemorate the victims of road accidents, on Nov 15.

At the event today, Abd Aziz also presented prizes to the winners of the Most Active Road Safety Club Award at the nationaln level involving primary and secondary schools, with the winners receiving a cash prize of RM3,000, RM2,000 for the runners-up, and RM1,000 for third.- BERNAMA

Apa Komen dan Pendapat Anda

Artikel Berkaitan