Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Sandakan
Tawau
Lahad Datu
Keningau
Putatan
Semporna
Kudat
Papar
Ranau
Beaufort
Kota Belud

Sayang Sabah - The voice of Sabahans

Muay Thai Championship in Sabah

From left to right, Muslee Tuah,Aswadee Taba, Musaddik Zainuddin, Ir Nazri Ab. Razak, Jumaat Ibrahim, Readwan Matin

KOTA KINABALU – D1 Fighting Championship themed “The Rise of Rhino Warrior” Muay Thai Competition is currently being held at Sabah Sports Complex in Likas.

Sponsored by Chief Executive Officer of DIHNAR Group, Ingenieur Nazri Abdul Razak with cooperation from Boxxtomoi Asia, who funded the equipments with Potosan Corner, Venum, Sandee and Rocktape.

The three-day competition will start tonight and continue Feb 1. There will be two categories; the first category starting at8am until 6pm and opened for amateur who will wear a full set protection during the tournament.

The second category will be performed by pro Muay Thai fighters with Muay Thai rules and will start tonight from 7pm 11pm.

DIHNAR Group has organized this tournament to promote Muay Thai sport to Sabahans and to find new Muay Thai athletes to participate in SUKMA 2016.

We want to the public a chance to see these 28 Muay Thai boxers which from Thailand, Uzbekistan, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. We hope that this sport can be established and be well-known all over the world,” said Nazri.

There are 170 participants including 28 Pro Muay Thai boxers and 70 percent athletes were from Sabah while the other 30 percent are from Perlis, Perak, Pulau Pinang, Johor, Kuala Lumpur. There are also SUKMA athletes from Sarawak.

All are invited to come, it’s free of charge. We want them to come and watch the championship,” he said.

The championship is fully supported by Sabah Ministry of Youth and Sports, Sabah Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Environment, Sabah Sport Council, Sabah Sport Agency, Royal Malaysia Police,Malaysia Red Crescent Society and The People’s Volunteer Corps (RELA).- Saila Saidie/Sayangsabah

Komen


Berita Berkaitan