Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Sandakan
Tawau
Lahad Datu
Keningau
Putatan
Semporna
Kudat
Papar
Ranau
Beaufort
Kota Belud

Sayang Sabah - The voice of Sabahans

Man collecting recyclables died by electric shock

The deceased
The deceased

TAWAU: Another man died due to electric shock while he was collecting cans and bottles near his house at Kg. Hidayat Batu 4, Jalan Apas, yesterday.

The victim, Mohd Aris Deleon, aged 35, was believed to have been shocked by underground electrical wiring under his house.

Tawau JBPM Chief, Mohd Razali Awang Ahmad, said seven personnel and two machineries were dispatched to the scene after receiving an emergency call at about 6.42pm.

“At the location, the rescue team reacted fast to stop the electrical current and remove the victim from the scene,” he said.

According to him, the victim died at the location, and his body was retrieved with the assistance of Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd (SESB) employees several hours later. – SayangSabah

Komen


Berita Berkaitan