PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia has strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Istanbul on Tuesday that claimed at least 10 lives and injured 15 other people.
The foreign ministry said today the Malaysian government expressed its deepest condolences to the government and people of Turkey as well as to the families of people affected by the attack.
It said that according to the Malaysian Embassy in Ankara, there had been no report of any Malaysian casualties.
“The embassy is also in close contact with Malaysians, including our students in Istanbul,” it said.
The ministry reminded Malaysian citizens residing in and travelling to Istanbul to always give the utmost priority to their personal safety and the
security of their surroundings, and to closely monitor and comply with any advisory issued by the Turkish Government.
The ministry, through the embassy in Ankara, would continue to monitor the situation, it said.
Reports out of Turkey said the attack was carried out by a foreigner who was a member of the Daesh terror group that has embedded itself in Syria and Iraq. – BERNAMA