Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Sandakan
Tawau
Lahad Datu
Keningau
Putatan
Semporna
Kudat
Papar
Ranau
Beaufort
Kota Belud

Sayang Sabah - The voice of Sabahans

Lester Melanyi’s statement taken

Lester Melanyi-bestfbkl.blogspot.com
Lester Melanyi-bestfbkl.blogspot.com

KUCHING:  The police have recorded statements from former Sarawak Tribune editor Lester Melanyi over the disclosure of an alleged plot by several opposition politicians and the Sarawak Report news portal administrator to denigrate Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Sarawak Police Commissioner Datuk Seri Muhammad Sabtu Osman said today police officers from Bukit Aman in Kuala Lumpur were in Kuching on July 17 and 18 to recorded the statements and that Sarawak Police had assisted in the process fully handled by Bukit Aman.

“They also seized several computer equipment. No arrests were made,” he said when contacted by Bernama.

Melanyi had reportedly alleged recently that almost 90 per cent of the content in a report of Sarawak Report on government investment company 1Malaysia Development Berhad had been tampered with to tarnish the image of the Malaysian government and topple Najib.

Melanyi had reportedly admitted to having met Swiss national Xavier Andre Justo, a former executive of PetroSaudi International Ltd now held in Bangkok, who had allegedly handed over 10 per cent of the documents related to 1MDB to Sarawak Report founder Clare Rewcastle-Brown. – BERNAMA

Komen


Berita Berkaitan