KOTA KINABALU: Only 31 people were nabbed for violating curfew in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (ESSZone) this year, as compared to 121 last year.
Sabah Police Commissioner, Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said the 31 comprised Filipinos (seven men and six women), Indonesians (four men) and 13 men and a woman of other nationalities.
In a statement here today, he said six were jailed and nine penalised while the rest were freed.
Jalaluddin also said fishing permits issued rose to 9,420 in 23 phases of curfew implemented this year as compared to 3,867 in 11 phases last year.
The first phase of curfew went into effect at night since July 19 last year and the directive was renewed every two weeks.-BERNAMA