Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Lahad Datu
Kota Belud

Sayang Sabah - The voice of Sabahans

Killed in a pub brawl


JOHOR BAHARU: A man was killed in a brawl at an entertainment centre at Jalan Kebudayaan 6, Taman Universiti, Skudai, here, at midnight yesterday.

Johor Baharu North district police acting chief Supt Beh Eng Lai, said in the 12.15am incident the victim, who worked as construction worker in Singapore, was believed to have gone to the entertainment centre with his younger sibling and a woman.

Beh, in a statement here said the victim, who was identified as Lim Chin Beng, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene.

“Initial investigations revealed that the three suspects, two men and a woman, aged between 42 to 58, were drinking at a table near the victim. However, a misunderstanding occurred between the victim and the suspect, causing a brawl at the entertainment centre which was unlicenced. ”

“The victim died on the spot due to injuries to his right wrist, bruises on the right ribs, and wounds to the back of the head, on his left ear and a slash wound on the neck area below his left ear,” Beh said.

Following the incident, the police also arrested two men and a woman believed to be involved in the incident, two hours later.

The suspects are a mobile phone shop owner and his wife, who is also a salon shop owner, as well as a building contractor.

Beh said the suspects’ clothes which had blood stains on them were also seized.

The couple in question had wounds on their forehead, index finger and legs, while the other suspect was not injured.

“It is believed that liquor bottles were used in the fight and all the suspects have been remanded and detained for seven days until Dec 11,” he said.

The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

“The victim’s body was sent to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital for post-mortem,” he said.

He said the premise operator and the deejay were also arrested for running the business without a license as well as to assist with the investigations.

He said the premises was found to have begun operating only two weeks ago.- BERNAMA


Berita Berkaitan