KOTA KINABALU,: An exhibits storekeeper of the Lahad Datu police headquarters entered his fifth day of testimony identifying exhibits he
received during ‘Ops Daulat’, an operation to rid Lahad Datu of Sulu gunmen, during the trial on the Lahad Datu intrusion at the High Court here.
Sgt Aiyaman Abd Mutalib said he recorded all the exhibits he had received in an Exhibits Register Book.
He also said that a police officer had required him to retrieve some of the exhibits he had earlier received for the purpose of further analyses.
“On Sept 9, 2013, Insp Mohd Faiz Che Mamat had requested that I take out several exhibits to be sent to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission,” he said.
Aiyaman was testifying in the trial of 30 individuals linked to the intrusion by Sulu gunmen at Kampung Tanduo, Lahad Datu, in February 2013.
The police sergeant said those exhibits which Mohd Faiz had asked to be taken out from the exhibits store were handphones that the police officer had
earlier handed over to Aiyaman for storage.
In the dock are 27 Filipinos and three local residents who are facing one to multiple charges of being members of a terrorist group and for waging war
against the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
They are also alleged to have recruited members for a terrorist group or willfully harboured individuals they knew to be members of a terrorist group.
The offences were allegedly committed between Feb 12 and April 10, 2013.
The hearing, before Justice Stephen Chung at the Sabah Prisons Department, continues tomorrow. – BERNAMA