SEMPORNA – The curfew imposed on six districts in the East Sabah Safe Zone (ESSZONE) is commendable as it curbed trespassing and cross border crimes in the affected area.
Senallang State Assemblyman Datuk Nasir Sakaran, said the curfew have to be enforced to ensure the safety of residents in the East Coast of the State.
“This shows that the government is committed towards ensuring the safety of the people and the nation,” he said during a visit to Semporna Tourist jetty today.
Nasir believes on the commitment of security forces who will act against any individual or group who attempt to intrude and jeopardise the nation safety.
Nasir, who is also Chairman of the Sabah Economic Development Corporation (Sedco) also advised those in the fishing industry especially traditional fishermen to comply with directives issued apart from acquiring the necessary permit to allow them to proceed with their daily activity at sea.
As such he urged people from all walks of life to cooperate fully with security forces including providing them with information of any elements who try to undermine the nation’s sovereignty.
The curfew was imposed since July 19 last year for 14 days covering the districts of Sandakan, Kinabatangan, Lahad Datu, Kunak, Semporna and Tawau after two marine police were attacked by an armed group at Pulau Mabul on 12 July 2014./ Sayangsabah