KOTA KINABALU:- The curfew on the waters of six districts in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (ESSZone) has been extended for the
17th phase from 7pm to 5am, beginning March 31 until April 15.
The curfew order for phase 16, covering three nautical miles from the coastline into the waters off Sandakan, Kinabatangan, Kunak, Lahad Datu, Tawau and Semporna, ended today.
Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said the curfew order which was imposed since July 19 last year was extended to ensure the security of those who used the waters as well as residents in the ESSZone area, including tourists in Sabah.
“This order will facilitate enforcement and monitoring of the movements of all intruding boats as well as cross-border crimes such as human trafficking, drugs, and controlled weapons,” he said in a statement here today.
He said the curfew order was supported by chalet and marine activity operators as it would ensure the security of the waters including the islands at
the border areas. – BERNAMA